The long and short answer is, YES!
Your husband/partner/loved ones/support person can:
* Take you and your concerns seriously.
* Encourage you — and help you — to rest as much as possible.
* Go to the doctor or therapist with you, and support you in returning to your sense of health and well-being.
* Help you set limits. No one is “supermom.”
* Help to set up a plan you are comfortable with.
* Sit and hold your hand when you are feeling bad.
* Tell you they love you.
* Reassure you that you will feel better, and that they’re going to be with you “all the way.”
* Give you permission to take care of yourself.